Welcome Whirlwind Travellers!
We’re Alex and Devon, two Canadian travellers who love exploring the world and sharing our experiences with others. We pride ourselves on providing honest, clear and complete travel guides on all of our travel destinations, so you have ALL the information you need. We are so excited to share with you what we love most, and can’t wait to connect! You can follow us on social media through our Instagram (@whirlwindtravellers), Facebook (Whirlwind Travellers) and Twitter (@WhirlTravellers) feeds.
We break down each city/area we visit into comprehensive posts, outlining where to stay, how to get there, what to do and where to eat! We’ve been to hundreds of destinations in SouthEast Asia, Australia and New Zealand, South America and Europe. Simply search the area you’re looking for using the magnifying glass in the top right. You can also browse by country in the main menu to find new areas to discover. So what are you waiting for? Go explore some amazing travel destinations!
We have started posting about our amazing trip to Myanmar, Indonesia, Philippines and Japan! Follow us on social media to be notified of fresh posts.
Where should you start?
- Never backpacked before? Check out our process on planning our first trip to SEA and Australia/New Zealand here. Then check out our series of preparation posts called Packing the Backpack here.
- If you’re looking for some travel inspiration, check out our Top Ten Places to See in SEA post, where we’ve somehow narrowed down our Southeast Asia trip to a short list of favourites. Or check out our Photo Galleries!
- If your trip is booked and you’re ready to go, check out our preparation post series to find tips on what you need to bring, and what you can leave behind.
- Just browsing? Check out our top places to see separated into posts by country in the main menu or see what we’ve been writing about lately by browsing through our recent posts. You can also search for something specific by clicking the magnifying glass in the top right. We currently have posts on 16 countries across 4 continents, with much more to come!
Want to help us out?
- Want to give back, but you’re unable to “give” anything? We are part of an affiliate program with Booking.com. If you want to stay at any of the places we highlight, you can help us out by booking through any of the links on our posts (or this Booking.com link)! The affiliate program supplies us with a percentage of the cost of your room, but the price stays the same for you. Basically we get a kickback simply by directing you to the hostel page you book on. You get more detailed information when we get more funding. Win-Win!
We will be posting frequently, so make sure to visit regularly.
If you have any specific questions, or just want to connect, click here to find out how to contact us. We love talking all things travel!