The beautiful country of Cambodia gave us some amazing and different places to explore. The biggest draw is it’s world famous temples outside of Siem Reap, namely the giant Angkor Wat. However, this country has other experiences to offer as well! The southern coast is lined with beautiful sand beaches, and it’s capital Phnom Penh offers it’s own variety of temples along with the Royal Palace and the incredibly important Killing Fields. Make sure to include Cambodia on your tour through SEA, if only to hit these highlights.
- Siem Reap – Home of the world famous Angkor Wat, Siem Reap is a city you need to spend a few days in. Bayon, Ta Phrom and of course Angkor Wat are the must see temples in our opinion, but if you have time try to see them all! Spend your mornings getting lost in the countless ancient temples just north of the city, and wind down in the afternoon (and probably well into the night) by having a few pints on Pub Street.
- Sihanoukville – Why yes, Cambodia does have awesome beaches. Sihanoukville is the ocean side hub of the country where you can tan and swim in the ocean during the day and party at the countless beach side bars all night. Space out your time between the chill Otres Beach and the wild night life of Serendipity Beach and you can’t go wrong.
Worth a Trip
- Koh Rong – The pure white sand beaches of Koh Rong are reminiscent of a laid back vacation, but don’t let that fool you. The party animals come out at night and light up the beach. Get lost in the vibe for a little while, but make sure you come back to the mainland to see all that Cambodia has to offer.
- Phnom Penh – The capital of Cambodia, this city offers more than you think. Check out the Killing Fields for an insight into the country’s trying past and to gain a vital understanding of the people. Also make sure to visit the stunning Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda.
Just Pass Through
- We only hit a few places in Cambodia, but apparently we did a good job! Nowhere we saw falls into the category of somewhere to “Just Pass Through”.
Check out our posts on Cambodia here!